The amazing Kelly Oshiro just posted this shoot on her fabulous blog Santa Barbara Chic. It was a thrill to photograph the talented chef’s over at Duo catering and to eat their fabulous food! (recipes below). Enjoy!
To make this recipe you will need:
For the lamb:
-2 Lamb Loins
-1 Tablespoon Finely cut rosemary
-3 Garlic cloves, minced
-Zest of 1/2 Orange
For the Tapenade:
-1/2 Cup pitted olives (we often use picholine, Nicoise, and Luque Olives)
-1/4 Cup dice orange (the entire orange- do not peel).
-1 Tablespoon Sugar
-1/4 Cup Water
-1 Clove garlic, minced
-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
-2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Parsley
- Clean each lamb loin of any silver skin and split lengthwise (leaving you with 4 pieces)
- Rub the loins with the Rosemary, garlic, orange zest and salt and pepper- set aside.
- Combine water, sugar and orange in a sauté pan over high heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add olives and garlic and continue to simmer for an additional two minutes (the majority of the liquid should have evaporated – if the water evaporates too quickly add 2-3 additional tablespoons).
- Allow mixture to cool.
- Add parsley and set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan with 2 tbl Neutral cooking oil over meadium, high heat.
- sear the lamb loins on all sides, reduce heat and cook for a total time of 3-4 minutes.
- Remove lamb to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- slice each loin into 6 pieces (for a total of 24).
- Top each medallion with 1 tsp of the Tapenade.
Makes 24 Brochettes. Enjoy these bites sized treats!
*Duo & Michael and Anna Costa are sponsors of Santa Barbara Chic